Anushka Sharma Height, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More;
Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma, who made a smashing debut as a girl next door in ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ has come a long way. The Band Baaja Baaraat actor turns 26 today. She is busy shooting for the her upcoming flick ‘Bombay Velvet’ in Rajasthan on her birthday and boyfriend Virat Kohli has reached the place to surprise her.
Check out some unknown facts about Anushka Sharma: what she did before she was famous, her family, some fun trivia facts and much more.
1. Her father was an army office while mother is a housewife. She has an elder brother who is currently working in Merchant Navy.
2. Anushka always wanted be a successful and famous model and never thought of becoming an actress. Her parents supported her a lot and hence she enrolled herself in the Elite Modeling Agency.
3. She was trained by well-known style consultant Prasad Bidapa when she was just 15.
4. She was the find internationally acclaimed fashion designer Wendell Rodricks. She started her modeling career at Lakme Fashion Week and was a show-stopper at Wendell Rodricks Les Vamps Show. At Lakme Fashion Week, she was chosen the finale model at Spring Summer 2007 Collection.
5. Anushka has been a part of several advertisement campaigns like Silk & Shine, Parachute Advanced, Fiat Palio, Whisper, Nathella Jewellery, etc.
6. She signed a three film contract with Yash Raj Films at the beginning of her career.
7. Till now, she has been nominated 19 times for film awards and she has won 10 of them!
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5′ 9″
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||1 May 1988|
|Age (as in 2019)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||She basically belongs to Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh but she grew up in Bengaluru and now she is settled in Mumbai.|
|School||Army School, Bengaluru|
|College/University||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Masters in Economics (Correspondence)
|Debut||Film: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008)|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Address||Badrinath Towers, 20th floor, Seven Bungalows, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Awards, Achievements||Filmfare Awards
Best Supporting Actress Award for Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2013)
International Indian Film Academy Awards
|Controversies||• While paying her homage to Late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on twitter, she misspelled his name as “ABJ Kalam Azad”. After it, she was criticized on twitter and she deleted that tweet and posted another one, which was again wrong as she wrote “APJ Kalam Azad”. At the third attempt, she finally tweeted it correctly i.e. “Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam”.
• There was a rift in her relationship with Virat Kohli for a while in the early 2016. If reports are to be believed then the reason behind it was that Virat invested a good amount of money in Anushka’s film Bombay Velvet, which unfortunately failed at the box office. And, when Virat asked about the money loss to Anushka, she felt upset. Virat even unfollowed her on Twitter and Instagram, but after few months they got back together.
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
Ranveer Singh (Actor)
Virat Kohli (Indian Cricketer)
|Marriage Date||11 December 2017|
|Parents||Father– Ajay Kumar Sharma (Army officer)
Mother– Ashima Sharma
|Siblings||Brother– Karnesh Sharma (Merchant Navy)
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Rani Mukerji|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Jab We Met, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Chak De! India and Dil Se
Hollywood: The Shawshank Redemption, Life Is Beautiful, In the Mood for Love, Fish Tank
|Favourite Colour(s)||White, Grey, Black, Navy blue|
|Favourite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Blue|
|Favourite Destination(s)||The Himalayas, Goa|
|Car Collection||Range Rover SUV|
|Salary (approx.)||₹8 Crore/Film (as in 2018)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$9 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anushka Sharma
- Does Anushka Sharma smoke?: No
- Does Anushka Sharma drink alcohol?: YesAnushka Sharma Drinking Alcohol
- Anushka always wanted to be a model and she came to Mumbai from Bengaluru and started her career as a model in Lakme Fashion and walked the ramp for Wendell Rodricks and did many campaigns for them.
- She was called as a “not so beautiful actress” by her first producer, Aditya Chopra, while she came to give an audition to her first film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
- She came to Mumbai with her boyfriend called Zoheb, who was also trying to bag opportunities as a model. He could not make his career due to lack of offers and returned to his native place, after which they lost their relationship due to the long distance between them.
- Shahrukh Khan said that the film “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” has become such a big hit due to Anushka Sharma and not because of him.
- In 2014, she underwent a facial plastic surgery.Anushka Sharma before and after plastic surgery
- She auctioned her leather jacket from the film Jab Tak Hai Jaan on eBay in December 2014 to help raise funds for the flood-ravaged states of Kashmir and Assam.
- Anushka met her cricket star Virat Kohli at a shampoo commercial, at which Virat got mesmerized by her and they both started dating.
- At present, the couple of Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma are said to be living together in her Mumbai home.
- She is obsessed with shoes, hair masques, shampoos, and conditioners.
- Anushka is afraid of Lizards.
- One of the most interesting things about Anushka Sharma is that she is very shy. She disclosed it in an interview. She said, ” I’m not a very confident person, I might come across like that because of my films, but I’m very very shy. It takes me time to open up and talk to people.”
- She used to be non-vegetarian but in 2015, she turned vegetarian. In the same year, she won the “Hottest Vegetarian Award” by PETA India along with actor Aamir Khan.
- She is a huge animal lover. She always takes care of street animals and birds.Anushka Sharma takes care of other living beingsAnushka Sharma takes care of Animals
- On 11 December 2017, Anushka and Virat got married in a private ceremony in Tuscany, Italy.